Feel like you’re constantly shaving? Looking for an easier, painless solution to your unwanted hair? If you’re tired of the messy, uncomfortable, and temporary solutions to this never-ending problem, it’s time to give laser hair removal a try.
Laser hair removal is a long-lasting form of hair removal that destroys the hair by using light to target the pigment in each individual strand. The laser’s light and heat travel down the shaft of the hair to the follicle under the skin, which kills the follicle so that hair can no longer grow from it.
Ready to put down your razor and waxing strips? Here are a few tips to ensure that your laser hair removal process is successful:
- At dermani MEDSPA®, we provide you with a FREE consultation with one of our licensed estheticians prior to your laser hair removal to go over all of your questions. While laser hair removal is safe and effective, it is imperative that you provide your esthetician an accurate and detailed medical history before starting treatment.
- It’s important to stay out of the sun before your appointment, including through artificial tanning. Because the laser is designed to target pigment, the darker your skin, the more the laser will be drawn to it instead of the hair follicle.
- It may sound counterintuitive, but you MUST shave the area getting lasered before your session! Because the laser is targeting pigment, any hair on the exterior of the skin will attract the light from the laser. The goal is for the laser to hit the follicle, not the strand of hair.
- On the other hand, clients are instructed not to wax. Unlike shaving, waxing removes both the hair on the exterior of the skin AND the follicle, which is essential for laser hair removal! Waxed recently? No problem! You can receive laser hair removal in as little as 2 weeks after your last waxing.
- Avoid hot showers and lather up on sunscreen post-treatment to make sure your skin is protected and stays irritant-free.
- If you want to see results, you MUST be consistent! Some hair and skin types may be a little more difficult and slower to treat. To stay on top of the hair’s growth cycle, you should commit to coming in every month or so. You’ll notice a decrease in the hair that grows back after each treatment, and typically after 12-18 sessions, you’ll only need 1-2 touch-ups a year!
If you’d like to see if you’re a candidate for laser hair removal, schedule your FREE consultation today! Call us or visit dermanimedspa.com to book. We look forward to helping you meet your hair removal goals!