Chances are that your diet has been placed on the back burner starting this week. With Thanksgiving meals marking the beginning of the holiday season of eating, drinking, and being merry, your skin can suffer. But you don’t have to sacrifice your celebrations to save your skin! Here are some easy diet changes you can make between holiday meals to keep your complexion looking smooth and supple.
- DRINK WATER! Aim for 8-10 glasses daily to help your organs and cells function efficiently.
- If possible, choose spring water, which does not contain the chlorine and metals found in tap water.
- Eat generous portions of the right kinds of protein, which are necessary for cell repair and help fight aging. Examples include:
- Fish, like wild-caught salmon
- Egg whites
- Skinless chicken and turkey breasts
- Consume good carbohydrates, like low-glycemic fruits and vegetables.
- Arugula and zucchini are great choices, as they both contain youth-preserving antioxidants.
- Include fats and oils in your diet, which provide anti-inflammatory protection, antioxidants, and anti-aging omega-3 fatty acids. These can be found in:
- Salmon, mackerel, and albacore tuna
- Extra virgin olive oil (which can also help lower your bad cholesterol!)
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Sugar and high-glycemic processed carbohydrates, like pastas and rice
- Fried and junk foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Preservatives and chemicals
The holidays don’t have to mean breakouts and dull skin! Include these tips into your diet and your skin will feel, and look, better than ever!
Don’t forget! In this season of gratitude, dermani MEDSPA® would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to our loyal members!