Winter weather can be tough on your skin, leaving it dull, dry, and even flaky. We can’t escape the change in seasons, but we can manage our skincare and how we treat our skin during this season! Check out our list of winter skincare solutions below:
- Express Medical Grade Facial: This skin rejuvenation treatment begins with a deep cleansing, followed by exfoliation to brighten the complexion, and finishes with a hydrating mask to provide moisture. Our facial treatment seals in vitamins and antioxidants that will help protect your skin from the harsh, dry elements that the winter months often bring.
- Microneedling: This treatment stimulates the skin so that it regenerates and repairs itself naturally. The process artificially stimulates collagen by tricking the body into thinking it needs to repair the small puncture wounds that are delivered from the procedure. The result is a firmer, brighter, and tighter appearance.
We offer plenty of products that will keep your skin hydrated during the harsh winter months. Here are a few:
- Vital C Hydrating Repair Creme: This ultra-hydrating antioxidant repair creme contains vitamins A, C, and E to nourish and protect the skin. It is best when applied in the evenings to cleansed skin.
- Ormedic Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex: This lip treatment contains a powerful polypeptide complex that adds up to 40% of moisture volume with repeat usage.
- Prevention Daily Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 30: Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean the sun isn’t shining! Stay protected with this deep moisturizer that contains a broad-spectrum high UVA/UVB. It’s enriched with a blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and green tea as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Vital C Hydrating Facial Cleanser: This pharmaceutical-grade, high potent vitamin C cleanser gently removes impurities and contains essential anti-oxidants/vitamins. These ingredients soothe dry, dehydrated, and rosacea-prone skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Hyaluronic acid is a humectant (moisture-binding ingredient) that naturally occurs in the body/skin. All skin types can benefit from this oil-free, lightweight ingredient. Our serum is completely pure and offers the highest level of hyaluronic acid. This allows for the best absorption into the skin without any sticky residue left behind.
- Limit exposure to air conditioned or heated rooms or cars. Avoid spending too much time around these sources of drying air (fireplaces included!). They may feel great, but the intense air or heat dries out the skin quickly.
- Eat foods that are high in Omega 3 and 6 oils. These have been found to reduce inflammation.
- Drink plenty of water. Most moisture is lost through dry skin so always remember to hydrate and moisturize to prevent water from escaping the body.
- Avoid hot bath and showers and use lukewarm water. Hot showers dry out the skin, and if not properly moisturized can cause cracks and winter eczema.
- Protect your skin. Wear gloves, hats, and other protective outer layers to shield your skin from the cold temperatures.
- Choose skincare products wisely. Avoid masks, peels, astringents, and lotions that contain alcohol that will dry out the skin.
- You still need to use sunscreen! When it’s cold, we tend to want to spend more time in the sun to warm up. When it gets really cold, ice and snow can also reflect more sun onto our face and hands then in the summer time. These two instances can actually cause increased sun exposure and increased damage.
At dermani MEDSPA®, we want you to feel good about your skin all winter long, and combining our non-surgical treatments with these practical everyday tips can make that a reality!