Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photofacials use a handheld device that emits pulses of broad spectrum light through direct contact with the skin to act on the deeper layers of the skin. They are ideal for treating broken capillaries, sun damage, and other impurities. Photo rejuvenation allows patients to transform their complexion with just a few treatments. IPLs are among the most effective and beneficial treatments that both men and women of all ages can undergo. While the procedure can only be performed on lighter skin tones, it is a great option for dark sun spots and sun damage.
Here’s what makes IPL a great skin rejuvenation option:
- Not just for faces – IPL is most commonly performed on the face; however, the shoulders, back, and even hands are treatable areas. Essentially, any area that is exposed to the sun and the elements is a candidate for the treatment!
- Convenience – with an IPL treatment, clients can receive a single treatment that addresses multiple skin conditions, rather than having to undergo several procedures and address problem areas one at a time. It can also be done once a month as part of a great maintenance program as it also stimulates collagen!
- Reasonable cost – IPL photofacials cost considerably less than other treatments and provide long-term benefits.
- Quick and easy – photofacial procedures can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on the area that is being treated.
- Minimal discomfort – while some clients express a slight sensation during the procedure, most clients report having little to no pain during an IPL treatment.
- Repairs irregularities – photofacials are a great solution when it comes to clearing the skin. Visible small blood vessels, sunspots, liver (age) spots, hyperpigmentation, freckles, discolorations, and other pigmentation irregularities can all be addressed with IPL.
- Helps control acne – IPL can help sufferers of severe acne, along with other issues of inflammation and redness. In addition, IPL can help when it comes to eliminating large pores, thus reducing the appearance of acne on the skin. While it cannot be used with active acne, when the acne is not active it is a great option.
- Reduces skin redness – sufferers of rosacea or other conditions that cause redness of the skin can be treated by IPL. It serves as an excellent solution in helping to create an even and natural complexion.
- Minimizes signs of aging – photofacials help in reducing signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, and sunspots. IPL also has the ability to stimulate collagen growth and improves the overall texture of the skin.
At dermani MEDSPA®, we offer the latest treatments with the most sophisticated equipment in a relaxing environment. Call today to schedule your free IPL consultation at or click here to schedule online!