We know you’re excited for your Fourth of July celebrations and long weekend fun, but don’t forget to protect your skin before you head out for all of your festivities! Sunscreen is essential to your skin health, so check out these important sunscreen tips to keep in mind and protect yourself from skin cancer, wrinkles, sun spots, freckles, and more!
- First thing’s first, make sure you’re applying a generous amount of sunscreen to your face each morning before putting on makeup or other products. To make your morning routine easier, try using a moisturizer with a built-in SPF!
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to the rest of your body (particularly your neck, chest and hands), especially if you’re going to be outside. The rest of your body needs protection too!
- Apply your sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure. This gives the sunscreen enough time to thoroughly sink into the skin.
- It is very important to use a minimum SPF of 30 to ensure you are sufficiently protecting your skin.
- It’s also important to find a sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection to shield you from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Have oily skin? Look for sunscreens that are oil free so you don’t have to worry!
- Make sure to keep reapplying throughout the day. If you’re wearing makeup, you can try using a powder sunscreen to wear over it!
- Water- and sweat-resistant sunscreens will last longer on your skin.
- Find sunscreens that are paraben- and chemical-free to avoid harmful preservatives being absorbed into your skin.
- Use sunscreens that are enriched with antioxidants and vitamins to protect against environmental damage and prevent inflammation.
At dermani MEDSPA®, we carry both the Daily Hydrating Moisturizer with SPF 30 and the Daily Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 from IMAGE Skincare’s Prevention+ collection. Both of these products meet the criteria listed above and are an excellent option for keeping your skin protected and safe! Pick yours up at your next visit to dermani MEDSPA®!