A Complete Guide to CoolSculpting® at dermani MEDSPA®
How CoolSculpting® Works
The technical name for CoolSculpting® is cryolipolysis, which basically means fat freezing. The experts at CoolSculpting® spent years developing the treatment, which features one-of-a-kind technology that quite literally freezes and kills fat cells.
CoolSculpting’s fat-freezing technology gives long-term results that make trouble spots a lot less troubling.* Fat cells don’t like the cold and at a certain temperature they will freeze. Once that happens, your body will naturally eliminate the dead cells in 1-3 months or more, resulting in up to 20%-25% reduction of fat in a treated area.
*Long term results are based on two case reports.
What is stubborn fat?
- The number of fat cells is set during childhood and adolescence and varies little during adulthood.
- Some individuals may have stubborn pockets of fat that are more difficult to reduce despite diet and exercise.
- These stubborn pockets may vary greatly from person to person, because we all carry fat in different areas of our bodies.
What Happens During a CoolSculpting® Treatment Session
- Prep: Your provider will apply a clear gel pad to the treatment area. This creates a barrier between the cooling panel and your skin. Clinical trials have demonstrated CoolSculpting® to be safe and effective in reducing fat in certain areas.
- Treatment: You’ll feel a slight sucking sensation as the applicator adheres to your body. During the procedure you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping at the treatment site. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb. See additional Important Safety Information here. During the treatment you will be able to read, answer emails, or chat with a friend.
- Afterwards: After the applicator is detached, your provider will do a brief massage on the area to break up the treated fat cells and enhance the fat reduction. That’s it! Most patients experience little to no downtime after treatment.
When to Expect Results
You’ll start to see changes as soon as 1-3 months post-treatment. Final results may take 6 months or more. When your fat cells freeze, they die and are then naturally eliminated through the body’s natural process. This process happens so gradually, so you won’t necessarily notice a difference in your normal day-to-day life.
CoolSculpting® at dermani MEDSPA®
Dermani MEDSPA® uses only Georgia licensed staff to perform our procedures. Our staff trains other estheticians to perform the procedures we do each day. Our Coolsculpting® treatment team are all Coolsculpting® certified to deliver the services and have been through extensive training. We offer FREE consultations where you can meet with one of our CoolSculpting specialists and create a customized treatment plan just for you! Click the blue button below to schedule your FREE Coolsculpting® consultation at our Johns Creek location!