SkinPen® Microneedling, or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), at dermani MEDSPA® targets collagen and elastin by using tiny “micro needles” to create micro-wounds. This service targets skin tone and texture, like acne scars, surgical scars, chicken pox scars, stretch marks, cellulite, fine lines, and wrinkles. In scars, the micro needles target the existing scar tissue. SkinPen® microneedling is the newest FDA-approved microneedling technology. It is one of the only devices that has been tested and cleared by the FDA. SkinPen® Microneedling can be done on all skin types.
If you’re ready to try SkinPen® Microneedling to start working towards your smoothest skin ever, read through these do’s and don’ts to make sure you get the most out of your service!
- Make an appointment for a FREE microneedling consultation to ensure that you are a candidate for the service and so that our licensed estheticians can go over your customized service plan with you!
- Arrive to your microneedling appointment with a clean face.
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours after your microneedling service to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, you can use a gentle cleanser to cleanse your face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area!
- Apply the SkinPen® lubricant you are provided for moisture over the next 24 hours following your service.
- Apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks AFTER the initial 24 hours. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- Take any oral antibiotics at least 10 days prior to your service.
- Use any Retin-A products or applications or auto-immune therapies or products or experience any prolonged sun exposure to the face at least 24 hours prior to your service.
- Wear any makeup the day of your service.
- Use any makeup or sunscreen for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- Use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare. Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds. Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-service.
- Participate in any exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-service. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-service.
Following these steps will ensure that your SkinPen® Microneedling service is safe and effective! For a full list of what to do and avoid before and after microneedling, click here.