There’s a reason our Laser Hair Removal Members love our services! Check out these facts for some helpful information about laser hair removal at dermani MEDSPA®.
General Laser Hair Removal Facts
1. Because of the hair growth cycle, laser hair removal must be done once every 4-6 weeks to see optimal results. You will see some results with one service, but to truly permanently reduce the hair you must come in consistently for 12-18 months. You will then require touch-up laser hair removal visits approximately twice per year to maintain your results. If you are a member with us for at least 12 months, you will get those touch-up visits at your membership cost for life.
2. Laser hair removal can be done on many parts of the body. For a list of commonly treated areas, please click here to learn more.
3. While the sensation may vary from person to person, laser hair removal with the Continuous Motion Diode Laser feels like a small pinprick sensation. While you can certainly feel the laser making contact with the hair follicle, it does not hurt. Because we use the highly advanced Continuous Motion Diode Laser, laser hair removal at dermani MEDSPA® is a quick and virtually pain-free service.
4. Laser hair removal is oftentimes referred to as “permanent hair reduction,” because while it is permanent, clients who receive laser hair removal services should expect that some hair will grow back. This is quite normal. The amount of time that it takes for hair regrowth to occur will depend on the client’s hair growth cycle and hair type. This does not mean that laser hair removal does not work; it simply means that upon completing your full service cycle, you should expect one or two touch-ups a year to maintain your results.
5. You will need to cleanly shave each area to be treated before your session. Unfortunately we cannot shave your areas so this will need to be done ahead of time. If you have waxed the area, you must wait two weeks to get treated so that the follicle can be treated.
6. All skin types can receive laser hair removal. Results will vary from person to person. Some white and gray hair cannot be treated.
7. It is best to avoid hot showers and lather up on sunscreen post-treatment to make sure your skin is protected and stays irritant-free.
Facts About Laser Hair Removal at dermani MEDSPA®
8. The state of Georgia requires a special license for practitioners to perform laser hair removal, and at dermani MEDSPA®, all of our treating Laser Hair Removal Providers are licensed by the Georgia Medical Board as Cosmetic Laser Practitioners, assuring the highest quality service sessions. Our practitioners also train other practitioners in the Metro Atlanta area to become laser licensed as well, meaning that they are extremely knowledgeable and highly trusted in the field!
9. At dermani MEDSPA®, we only use the FDA-cleared Continuous Motion Diode Laser to perform our laser hair removal services. Clients often ask us why we exclusively use the Continuous Motion Diode Laser for our laser hair removal, and the answer is simple – we rely on evidence-based studies in peer-reviewed medical journals to deliver all of our medical aesthetic services. Research has shown that the Continuous Motion Diode Laser is a better laser than its competitors (the Alexandrite Laser, for example) because the Continuous Motion Diode Laser can penetrate deeper into the dermis layer of the skin, making it the best option for clients of all skin types. For more information on why we have chosen the Continuous Motion Diode Laser, click here.
10. At dermani MEDSPA®, we believe in providing our clients with the best evidence-based services for the best prices. Research has shown that because all of our hair grows on a hair growth cycle, receiving laser hair removal services once every 4-6 weeks for 12-18 months maximizes the amount of hair follicles that can be destroyed each session (times and success rates will vary from person to person). To see great long-term results, it is key to stay consistent with your laser hair removal sessions. In order to maximize convenience and savings for our clients while also staying in line with the hair grown cycle, we offer affordable monthly membership options with NO up-front or hidden costs. Our small area laser hair removal packages start as low as $25 per month!
Laser hair removal sounds amazing, right? If you’re ready to see if you’re a candidate for laser hair removal services at dermani MEDSPA®, schedule your FREE consultation today!